PANDA’s Universal Design for Learning WebinarWendy Sweeney
Universal Design for Learning (UDL) is an approach that minimizes barriers and maximizes learning for all students. Based on scientific insights into how humans learn, UDL can help refine why you teach, what you teach and how you teach.
UDL guides the design of inclusive instruction and accessible materials. The training includes concepts applicable to virtual or in person instruction. All registrants will receive a packet of UDL tools and materials to assist teaching and learning. This course is only offered once per year with a maximum of 30 registrations. Hurry and register below!
Here are what previous participants have said about the training:
- “I’ve been given a tremendous toolbox from which I can draw! I’m recommending this training to any and all teachers who care to do better by their students!”
- “The UDL training was one that I left feeling very rich with ideas. It nudged me forward to make actual changes in my classroom, both physical and with my curriculum.”
- “I really enjoyed the opportunity to participate in the training and learned a lot from it – that I can use both in my own daily practice and that I can share with my classroom teachers and support staff as we look for ways to ensure that all students feel welcome in our spaces! Thank you.”
- Recorded UDL Webinar
Access to the recording will be available throughout the month of January. Take it at your own pace, at your convenience! Viewing the webinar and stopping to do some recommended activities should take approximately 2 hours.
- Classroom Implementation Assignment
The assignment enriches the training and involves implementing UDL principles into your teaching practice and classroom. A short reflection paper about your experience is required. The assignment is due in February.
- Follow-up Live Webinar
Participate in a one-hour live webinar to share what you learned with other UDL participants. The live webinar occurs in March.
- Upon Successful Completion
16 CEUs intended to address the re-licensure area of positive behavior interventions and accommodating, modifying, and adapting curricula, materials and strategies will be awarded upon completion.
- Recorded UDL Webinar
ENROLLMENT IS LIMITED – Register HERE. Deadline to register is November 30.
You will receive a confirmation email of your registration. You will also receive an envelope with materials and tools in December, prior to the training.
Additional professional development
PANDA – Physical and Nonapparent Disability Assistance, Minnesota ABE Disability Specialists – offers other free online courses available to take at your pace. All courses are intended to meet CEU re-licensure requirements. To see a list of all of our online course offerings, go to the PD link on PANDA’s website at: https://pandamn.org/pd/
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Cultural Competency
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning/Education
- HSE/GED/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Remote Instruction
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies