- MN ABE Connect
- Recent Updates on Proxy Hours for DL Platforms
June 2, 2020
Recent Updates on Proxy Hours for DL PlatformsAdam Kieffer, Technology and Distance Learning Support Team
Recent important updates on proxy hours for Minnesota Adult Education distance learning (DL) platforms:
1. CommonLit.org: An increase in proxy hours.
- Proxy Hour Equivalent: One (1) proxy hour per completed module/portion/reading; Two (2) proxy hours per completed reading with guiding questions assigned OR written response assessments.
- Criteria for awarding Proxy Hour Equivalent: 70% or higher score on assessments
2. Readworks.org: An increase in proxy hours and an expanded approval of content with the site.
- Proxy Hour Equivalent: One (1) hour per completed Reading Passage Assignment or Paired Text (either online or printed PDF) for K-8th grade readings; One and a half (1.5 hrs) for 9-12th grade readings.
- 15 minutes (.25 hrs) per completed reading and written response from Article a Day (K-8 reading)/Book of Knowledge (written response)
- 15 minutes (.25 hrs) per completed Library reading and written response. (This option has to be turned on by the instructor.)
- Criteria for awarding Proxy Hour Equivalent: Score of 70% or higher on Reading Passage Assignments or; Completion (any response [no minimum score required] verified by the teacher) of written responses from Article a Day/Book of Knowledge, Paired Texts, or Library texts.
3. Newsela.com is now approved for DL use. Get updated information, supporting documents, and reporting details >>
Please email us any DL-related questions at email@example.com
Adam Kieffer, Technology and Distance Learning Support Team St. Paul ABE (Hubbs Center)
Get MN ABE Connect—the official source for ABE events, activities, and resources!Sign Up
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Cultural Competency
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning/Education
- HSE/GED/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Remote Instruction
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies