Recent Updates on Proxy Hours for DL PlatformsAdam Kieffer, Technology and Distance Learning Support Team
Recent important updates on proxy hours for Minnesota Adult Education distance learning (DL) platforms:
1. CommonLit.org: An increase in proxy hours.
- Proxy Hour Equivalent: One (1) proxy hour per completed module/portion/reading; Two (2) proxy hours per completed reading with guiding questions assigned OR written response assessments.
- Criteria for awarding Proxy Hour Equivalent: 70% or higher score on assessments
2. Readworks.org: An increase in proxy hours and an expanded approval of content with the site.
- Proxy Hour Equivalent: One (1) hour per completed Reading Passage Assignment or Paired Text (either online or printed PDF) for K-8th grade readings; One and a half (1.5 hrs) for 9-12th grade readings.
- 15 minutes (.25 hrs) per completed reading and written response from Article a Day (K-8 reading)/Book of Knowledge (written response)
- 15 minutes (.25 hrs) per completed Library reading and written response. (This option has to be turned on by the instructor.)
- Criteria for awarding Proxy Hour Equivalent: Score of 70% or higher on Reading Passage Assignments or; Completion (any response [no minimum score required] verified by the teacher) of written responses from Article a Day/Book of Knowledge, Paired Texts, or Library texts.
3. Newsela.com is now approved for DL use. Get updated information, supporting documents, and reporting details >>
Please email us any DL-related questions at email@example.com
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Cultural Competency
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning/Education
- HSE/GED/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Remote Instruction
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies