- MN ABE Connect
- Register Now for the Technology Integration Initiative 2019 Cohort!
Register Now for the Technology Integration Initiative 2019 Cohort!Susan Wetenkamp-Brandt, Senior Manager for Educational Technology & Digital Literacy
Technology Integration Initiative 2019: Mobile Learning
The Technology Integration Initiative is a professional development opportunity for ABE teachers who want to focus on contextualized use of technology in the classroom. Each year will focus on a particular technology tool or service, with the 2019 cohort focused on mobile learning.
This is a 5-month PD offering, beginning with a face-to-face kickoff event in January 2019 followed by four monthly webinars. The kickoff event will feature training on Northstar standards, mobile apps for teaching and learning, and best practices in technology integration for the ABE classroom.
Each month we will focus on a different use of mobile devices and an app or apps to support that use. Participants will share technology-integrated lessons designed to meet specific standards (Northstar, ACES TIF, and/or CCRS) and discuss challenges and ideas for strengthening their lessons. In May, participants will polish one of their lesson plans for sharing on the OER Commons.
- 24 CEUs available for participants who attend the kickoff event and all webinars and submit their lesson plan to the OER Commons.
- Open to ABE teachers at ALL levels – from Beginning ESL to College Prep. Some familiarity with mobile devices (iPhone or Android) and basic technology skills required.
- Reimbursement for travel costs for Kickoff Event available to participants travelling more than 50 miles.
- Contact Susan Wetenkamp-Brandt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-251-9090 with any questions.
- In-person Kickoff Event: Monday, January 14, 2019 from 9:00-3:00 at the Minnesota Literacy Council (700 Raymond Ave, Suite 180, St. Paul MN 55114).
- Monthly webinars on Tuesdays at 2:30 pm: February 12, March 12, April 9, May 14
Applications are due by December 14, 2018. Applications will be reviewed and acceptance notifications issued by December 21, 2018.
Apply now at https://tinyurl.com/TII2019
Get MN ABE Connect—the official source for ABE events, activities, and resources!Sign Up
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Cultural Competency
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning/Education
- HSE/GED/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Remote Instruction
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies