Support Services Conference 2023 Registration Now Open!Marty Olsen, State Assessment Trainer
2023 ABE Support Staff Conference (Virtual)
Thursday, November 16 – Friday, November 17, 2023
Please join us again this year for a virtual Support Services Conference, as we learn from our friends and colleagues. We’ll reflect on what we’ve done and use those lessons to focus on building a stronger future for Adult Basic Education.
The Support Professionals Advisory & Resource Committee (SPARC), Southwest ABE, and the Minnesota Department of Education, are jointly sponsoring this training opportunity for ABE program support staff, and all other interested staff. This annual event will be held virtually and is free of charge to all who register.
This conference is designed especially for support services staff that work in areas such as student registration and intake, student testing, data entry and management, and any other accountability role. This could also include teachers or managers with multiple roles who also serve as a program’s support staff.
- REGISTER NOW >>
- Registration Deadline: FRI. 11/10/23
SUPPORT SERVICES CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
Pre-Conference – Thursday, November 16, 2023
Virtual implementation trainings for both CASAS and TABE will be offered for all staff that may be responsible for intake and assessment.
9:00-12:00 – CASAS Implementation Training (Marty Olsen)
12:30-3:30 – TABE Implementation Training (Linda Keller and Dave Haugen)
Conference – Friday, November 17, 2023
9:00-9:45 – Opening Session featuring MN State ABE Staff
10:00-10:45 – Session 1 (Choose 1)
- Google Session (Susan Wetenkamp-Brandt)
- Racial Equity Grant (See Moua-Leske and Addy Wolbaum)
- Mental Health Session (Wendy Sweeney)
11:00-11:45 – Session 2 (Choose 1)
- Updates from GED Testing Service (Melissa Hultstrand)
- Testing Strategies Open Mic (Linda Keller and panel)
- SiD for Onboarding Staff (Jenny Schlukebier)
12:00-1:00 – Lunch
1:00-1:45 – Session 3 (Choose 1)
- TABE Recertification (Linda Keller)
- Best Practices for Intake (Rachel Stiglitz and Heather Williams)
- Deep Dive into SiD Reports (Jenny Schlukebier)
2:00-2:45 – Session 4 (Choose 1)
- CASAS Recertification (Marty Olsen)
- SiD – Student History (Jenny Schlukebier)
- HiSET (Tess Yurik)
For general information about the conference, go to https://www.mnabeassessment.com/support-services-conference. A more complete conference agenda with additional session information will be posted by the end of October.
Please address any event or registration questions to Marylynn Dvorak, Chair of SPARC, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Registrations must be received by Friday, November 10. Links to join the Zoom sessions will be sent out via email prior to the conference, along with the conference program. If you have connection issues on the day of the conference, contact Heather Williams, email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you there!
- ABE Foundations/Staff Onboarding
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Cultural Competency
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning/Education
- HSE/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Remote Instruction
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies