2021 ABE Support Services ConferenceMarty Olsen, Program Coordinator
SPARC (Support Professionals Advisory Resource Committee) is now seeking presentation proposals for the 2021 ABE Support Services Conference. This will again be a virtual conference on November 18 and 19. We hope that new and experienced ABE support staff will consider sharing their ideas and expertise with their colleagues at this statewide conference.
2021 ABE Support Services Conference Overview
- The conference will be Thursday, November 18 and Friday, November 19, 2021.
- All concurrent sessions will be on Friday, November 19, 2021.
- Concurrent sessions will be 45 minutes long.
- Sessions will be presented using the Zoom platform, with tech support and a room host.
- Online – Prior to the conference, links will be sent to those who are registered
Proposals on all topics are encouraged, but we’re especially trying to address the following topics, which align with the ABE Support Professionals Certificate:
- SiD Database Management
- Email Communication
- Technology Tools: Software and/or Equipment
- Customer Service:
- Cultural Awareness & Understanding ABE Populations
- Effective Client Communication
- Conflict Resolution
- Effective Work Culture:
- Time & Task Management
- Professionalism & Communication
- Understanding Self & Others
Your colleagues would love to hear what you’re doing in your programs and classrooms to address these areas!
Session proposals are due Friday, October 1, 2021!
You will be notified by October 8, 2021, whether your proposal has been accepted.
For more information about SPARC and the Support Services Conference, check the assessment training website at https://www.mnabeassessment.com/support-services-conference.
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Cultural Competency
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning/Education
- HSE/GED/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Remote Instruction
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies