Career Field: Multiple
Adult Career Pathway: Multiple
Title: Workforce Atlas
Type: Free online career pathways platform
Prepares students to: Achieve professional, academic and personal goals
Target Student Population: Intermediate and Advanced ABE and ESL students
Description: Not a course, but a resource that can be used in any career pathways course/program. Resources include videos, worksheets, templates, and career-specific guides and infographics. An Implementation Guide is provided for instructors/program staff for effective utilization of the website. Includes:
- An online account learners can create to help them keep track of their different career pathways recommendations.
- A user-friendly assessment that measures learners’ literacy and numeracy skills.
- Assessment-based career pathways recommendations including occupations, online resources, and local providers.
- Resources including popular jobs, interview tips, tips on how to reach personal goals, and more.
- An Implementation Guide available to help educators and program directors get the most value out of Workforce Atlas.
Pluses: Workforce Atlas can be accessed on an individual basis or within the context of a career pathways course / program. The individual learner account allows continuity along the steps of a career pathway program.
Drawbacks: Not a curriculum. Infographics are based on 2018 data, which will quickly be outdated.
Author: ProLiteracy and Pearson